To inspire and empower people affected by cancer.
Your Role in Our Mission
The LIVESTRONG Foundation’s cancer navigation services serves individuals (including health care and community service providers) who are affected by cancer and is a resource to inform, support and empower people to access needed services that often result with a cancer diagnosis.
The General Navigator serves as the initial point of contact for the online and phone intake processes of all constituents and as the primary referral source to programmatic services. Through a proactive, thorough assessment, the General Navigator directs cancer survivors to the appropriate resources and explains the referral process and program services.
- Participates in the coordination of intakes, questions and referrals to the Navigation Services program, with the commitment to follow-up in a timely and sensitive manner.
- Uses professional discretion and strong decision-making skills in identifying and coordinating services with other appropriate organizations in order to adequately serve the needs of people affected by cancer.
- Identifies and resolves issues, develops solutions and uses discretion and reason when dealing with emotional topics
- Completes the intake process in both English and Spanish, assess necessary response and refer clients to appropriate partners and resources
- Maintains direct interaction with cancer survivors through phone and email interaction to answer questions and make referrals to appropriate partners
- Track contacts and referrals through established software tracking process
- Reports and provides analysis of intake and referral processes and disseminating the information across various groups
- Works closely with external partners through regular communication, education and collaboration and maintains a high level of working knowledge of partner services and resources
- Collaborates with multiple teams across the Foundation, to ensure all processes are seamless and effective and communication is clear
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of the nonprofit and philanthropic sectors with an awareness of, and a genuine interest in, supporting the LIVESTRONG Foundation mission.
- Proficiency with the electronic communication, computing and other systems that comprise the modern working environment, such as Microsoft Office, Quickbase, Excel, Convio or similar business applications
- Demonstrates a commitment to exercising professional discretion, independent judgment and timely follow-up with respect to conducting needs assessments which include coordinating constituent intakes and questions of people affected by cancer who contact the Foundation for services and making appropriate referrals to best support their cancer journey.
- Expertise in communication with people in crisis and needing support
- Proven excellence in interpersonal relationship skills and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment and motivate others
- Ability to be patient, flexible and adaptable
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to problem solve independently and to rely on experience and judgment to help address concerns
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately
- Must be highly customer oriented, both internally and externally
- Ability to establish and maintain appropriate professional boundaries with all contacts as demonstrated by maintaining confidentiality and other ethical standards
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related field or equivalent experience
- Must be fluent in both written and oral Spanish communications
This position will be based in either Austin, Texas, or Chicago, Illinois.
We are always looking for passionate, diverse, creative and innovative individuals who exemplify service excellence, show extraordinary potential, embrace new ideas and thrive in our ever-changing environment.