To inspire and empower people affected by cancer.
Your Role in Our Mission
The Administrative Assistant will play a key role in administratively supporting several Vice Presidents of the Foundation. Typical duties will include office administration, record keeping, coordination of meetings, conferences, travel and correspondence, as well as assembling confidential and sensitive information. The Administrative Assistant will deal with a diverse group of high level, external constituents as well as internal contacts at all levels within the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload in a fast paced environment.
- Provide attentive, supportive, administrative assistance to the VP’s. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Travel coordination and itinerary preparation
- Create meeting agendas
- Responsible for taking meeting minutes
- Drafting letters and emails
- Answering telephone calls and taking messages
- Maintain VP’s calendar and schedule complex activities such as conference calls, meetings, travel, speaking engagements, events and department activities.
- Demonstrate intuitive and proactive behavior in preparing the VPs for daily responsibilities and keeping the VPs aware of important information and situations.
- Act as a liaison with other departments, stakeholders and partners.
- Support the maintenance of VPs team weekly reports and financial reporting, including check requests, travel reimbursement and corporate credit card expenses.
- Act as an ambassador for the VP in greeting visitors, corresponding with external constituents, and supporting him/her at events and public functions.
Your Training and Qualifications
- Expert in administrative assistance. Minimum of 2+ years of demonstrated successful administrative support experience within a corporate or nonprofit setting. Strong interpersonal, analytical, technical, writing and verbal skills. Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Degree in Administration, Business or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of nonprofit sector with a passion for the LIVESTRONG Foundation mission.
- Motivated by service, humility and compassion for helping people.
- Possess a creative and innovative approach to work.
- Embrace change and move forward in a positive and meaningful way.
- Act as a generalist and perform tasks and functions in many areas.
- Able to work cross-functionally and collaboratively across departments and teams.
- Proven excellence in delivering exemplary customer service and high level attention to detail.
- Must be discrete, tactful, diplomatic, and posses the ability to proactively problem-solve and provide service excellence to internal and external constituents.