Your Role in Our Mission
The Art Director will be responsible for designing, strategizing, overseeing and participating in the conceptual development and execution of creative deliverables, both in print and online. The ideal candidate will be able to engage and affect the LIVESTRONG audience while maintaining the integrity of the brand. The Art Director will lead design development and production for interactive projects and complex creative campaigns, combining hands-on work with the direction of the design team.
- Be a LIVESTRONG ambassador and speak to our mission, culture and core values.
- Implement and manage the LIVESTRONG brand and message throughout all external and internal marketing and communications materials.
- Work closely with the Marketing team and partners to establish the visual communication strategy of marketing materials for events, programmatic and development initiatives and conferences via online media, print and environmental graphics.
- Develop and maintain brand awareness and relevance for LIVESTRONG and the Lance Armstrong Foundation through collaboration with internal and external partnerships.
- Support and consult on aspects of co-branding for licensing and merchandising partnerships.
- Guide production of all key print/web design and supervise vendor/contractor relationships.
- Conceptualize and design LIVESTRONG internal and external communications materials.
- Manage the production of LIVESTRONG collateral, advertisements and signage.
- Ensure that LIVESTRONG graphic standards are applied throughout all communications materials.
- Work with the marketing team and outside creative consultants to implement creative process, design, production and distribution of printed communication pieces including event, program and development collateral as necessary.
- Work closely with communications team to ensure that LIVESTRONG messaging and branding are consistent in all LIVESTRONG communication pieces.
- Assign work and communicate scope of design to Production Designer and other team members as needed.
- Mentor and coach the Production Designer through project development and performance management.
- Conceive and create industry-leading graphic interfaces and digital brand experiences for tactics such as display media, web sites, mobile application, social media and other emerging digital media platforms.
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector with a passion for the LIVESTRONG mission.
- Be motivated by service, humility and compassion for helping people.
- Possess a creative and innovative approach to work.
- Embrace change and move forward in a positive and meaningful way.
- Act as a generalist and perform tasks and functions in many areas.
- Be able to work cross-functionally and collaboratively across departments and teams.
- 5+ years of success in corporate marketing communications, brand development, advertising and corporate identity programs for print and online media. Agency experience a plus.
- Expertise in typography, graphic and interaction design skills. Knowledge of event and environmental graphics preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of the latest versions of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, and image optimization for web.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or commensurate experience.
We are always looking for passionate, diverse, creative and innovative individuals who exemplify service excellence, show extraordinary potential, embrace new ideas and thrive in our ever-changing environment. To join our LIVESTRONG global movement, please apply online at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=1397561.