Community Programs & Engagement Coordinator
Department: Mission, Community Programs & Engagement
Reports to: Community Programs & Engagement Manager
FLSA status: Exempt
To inspire and empower people affected by cancer
Your Role in Our Mission
The Grassroots Engagement Coordinator manages the day to day communication and management of the Leader Program. LIVESTRONG Leaders are responsible for raising awareness and educating others about our programs and services, recruiting and engaging others in the LIVESTRONG's mission, and fundraising and demanding change of elected officials at the local, national and global level. In this role, the coordinator will work closely with the Grassroots Engagement Manager to keep our LIVESTRONG Leaders engaged and informed in the work of LIVESTRONG. This role will also include assisting with new ideas to help the program grow.
- Be a LIVESTRONG ambassador and speak to our mission, culture and core values.
- Collaborate with the Grassroots Engagement Manager to facilitate regular webinars with Leaders.
- Collect ideas, write, edit and circulate monthly newsletter to LIVESTRONG Leaders.
- Manage email inbox specifically for LIVESTRONG Leaders and others interested in engaging with LIVESTRONG.
- Manage Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms to communicate regularly with LIVESTRONG Leaders.
- Field phone calls from LIVESTRONG Leaders and others interested in engaging with the LIVESTRONG.
- Identify new opportunities to engage LIVESTRONG Leaders in the work of the Foundation.
- Field requests from LIVESTRONG staff who require help and support of LIVESTRONG Leaders.
- Work cross functionally with internal departments to meet deadlines related to deliverables for the LIVESTRONG Leader program.
- Oversee the shipment, inventory, and tracking of the LIVESTRONG's resources to all LIVESTRONG Leaders.
- Facilitate the yearly application process to select new leaders and retain existing Leaders. Facilitate welcome process for new and existing LIVESTRONG Leaders.
- Assist with creating and facilitating training of LIVESTRONG Leaders.
- Oversee the logistics of LIVESTRONG Leaders at the LIVESTRONG Assembly.
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of Leaders’ activities in communities
- Knowledge of nonprofit sector with a passion for the LIVESTRONG's mission.
- Motivated by service, humility and compassion for helping people.
- Possess a creative and innovative approach to work.
- Embrace change and move forward in a positive and meaningful way.
- Act as a generalist and perform tasks and functions in many areas.
- Able to work cross-functionally and collaboratively across departments and teams.
- Familiar with engagement, community outreach or related field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, public health, public affairs or communications.
- English/Spanish bilingual preferred.