Partnered Events Coordinator
To inspire and empower people affected by cancer
Your Role in Our Mission
The Partnered Events Coordinator will support event directors and participants registered for partnered events and will help them to achieve their fundraising goals through creative and innovative solutions. The Partnered Events Coordinator will be the liaison between partnered event directors and the organization, helping to support over 18 partnered events a year. He/she will also play a key role in managing the registration set up and be a liaison between IT and the event directors. The ideal candidate should possess tremendous customer service skills while remaining proactive in all aspects of the role. The ideal candidate will be proactive in taking initiative to find solutions in all areas of the job:
- Be a LIVESTRONG ambassador and speak to our mission, culture and core values.
- Support administrative aspects of the position including shipping packages, sending thank you notes, tracking inventory, and sending invoices for partnered events.
- Act as a liaison with marketing on all social media requests and partnered event website requests.
- Act as a liaison with IT for all Convio team raiser requests.
- Maintain multiple spreadsheets for tracking inventory, sponsor documents, product needs, and invoices paid for each event.
- Willingness to learn new systems & functions (i.e. registration systems, fundraising websites, donor searches).
- Domestic travel to different geographic areas, including evenings and some weekends to support events.
- Lead presentations on LIVESTRONG programs and initiatives.
- Knowledge and experience in marketing and fundraising with a passion for the LIVESTRONG mission.
- Strong understanding of building processes to improve efficiency and customer service interactions.
- Proven excellence in interpersonal relationship skills and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and motivate others.
- Ability to be patient, flexible and adaptable in the face of adversity.
- Act as a generalist and perform tasks and functions in many areas.
- Able to work cross-functionally and collaboratively across departments and teams.
- Experience in social media with strong writing skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelors Degree and some marketing experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.