About the LIVESTRONG Foundation
How can I get involved or volunteer with the Foundation if I do not live in Austin?
- Anyone, anywhere can join our fight against cancer. You can volunteer or participate in our Team LIVESTRONG Challenge, join our online campaigns, host a fundraising event that benefits us and much more. Learn more about the different ways you can get involved and take action.
I would like to host an event that benefits the Foundation.
- Individuals who would like to host an event that raises awareness or funds for the Foundation can sign up to be a Grassroots Fundraiser. Through this program, we will provide a number of tools to assist you in your fundraising. These tools include a fundraising logo, media kit (which includes a sample press release and sample solicitation letters) and informational pieces you can provide to people who might want to donate through you. You also will have access to a personal fundraising page where donors can contribute to your efforts online. Learn more about our Grassroots Fundraising program.
How can I apply for a grant from the Foundation?
- Please visit Community Impact Project Section to learn more about our community programs.
Cancer support (U.S. resident)
I am a U.S. resident and I would like to find support resources for myself, a loved one or a patient or client who has been diagnosed with cancer.
- The Foundation provides free, confidential, one-on-one support to anyone affected by cancer whether you have cancer, are a loved one, friend, health care professional or caregiver of someone diagnosed.
- We provide support in English and Spanish:
- By phone
- In-person at the LIVESTRONG Cancer Navigation Center in Austin, Texas
- The Foundation specializes in four areas of cancer support:
- Insurance, Employment and Financial Concerns
- Emotional Support
- Treatment Concerns
- Fertility Options
- To access our services, call us toll-free at 1.855.220.7777, visit us online at LIVESTRONG.org/GetHelp or visit us in our East Austin Center. Our hours of operation are Monday–Friday from 9 a.m.–5 p.m. CT.
I would like to receive/have a loved one receive words of encouragement from the Foundation.
- Please submit your request through our Contact Us Form and we will get back you as soon as possible.
I would like to share my story with others who have been affected by cancer.
- While we do not currently have an outlet to share your story on our website, there are many ways to share your story with the LIVESTRONG community by using social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and YouTube. Please visit connect with us to learn more about how to stay connected with the LIVESTRONG community.
Cancer support (live outside of the U.S.)
I am an international resident, and I would like to find cancer support resources for myself or a loved one.
- Currently the resources we are able to offer international residents are very limited. Through the Foundation's navigation services, we can provide limited support to residents outside the U.S. who speak English or Spanish via email or online at LIVESTRONG.org/GetHelp or LIVESTRONGespanol.org; however, not all services, such as financial assistance or telephone counseling, will be available for your area.
We recently launched a new international program that will seek to remove the stigma of cancer in selected countries and increase awareness of the global cancer burden. Our efforts are supported by the International Union Against Cancer (UICC). Please see below for more information regarding UICC as well as other international resources we encourage you to visit.
- International Union Against Cancer (UICC)
The International Union Against Cancer (UICC) is the leading international non-governmental organization dedicated exclusively to the global control of cancer. UICC develops its work in four strategic directions: cancer prevention and control, tobacco control, knowledge transfer, capacity building and supportive care. UICC brings together a wide range of organizations, including voluntary cancer societies, research and treatment centres, public health authorities, patient support networks and advocacy groups and, in some countries, ministries of health. View a listing of UICC member organizations.
- American Cancer Society International
The American Cancer Society is emerging as a global leader in addressing the growing cancer burden. We fight cancer through three areas of global mission delivery: advocacy, capacity building and information. Learn more about the American Cancer Society International Program.
- International Network for Cancer Treatment and Research (INCTR)
The INCTR is dedicated to helping to build capacity for cancer treatment and research in countries in which such capacity is presently limited, and thereby to create a foundation on which to build strategies designed to lessen the suffering, limit the number of lives lost and promote the highest quality of life for children and adults with cancer in these countries and to increase the quantity and quality of cancer research throughout the world. Learn more about the INCTR.
- IAPO (International Alliance of Patient Organizations)
IAPO is a unique global alliance representing patients of all nationalities across all disease areas and promoting patient-centred healthcare around the world. IAPO members are patients' organizations working at the international, regional, national and local levels to represent and support patients, their families and careers. IAPO defines a patient as a person with any chronic disease, illness, syndrome, impairment or disability. Learn more about IAPO.
Donations and Gifts
How can I make a donation to the Foundation?
- There are several ways to make a donation. To donate online please visit LIVESTRONG.org/Donate. You can also call us directly at 877.236.8820 or mail your donation to: The LIVESTRONG Foundation
National Mail Processing Center
P.O. Box 6003
Albert Lea, MN 56007-6603
Whom can I contact if I have a question about my donation?
- Please submit your question through our Contact Us Form and we will be happy to forward it to the appropriate department.
I would like to receive a tax receipt for my donation.
- Please visit LIVESTRONG.org/Donate and click on the link for Tax Receipt Request.
Where can I purchase LIVESTRONG merchandise?
- You can purchase official LIVESTRONG merchandise through the LIVESTRONG online store as well as any of our retail partners: Nike, Finish Line, Dick's Sporting Goods, RadioShack, SportsChek, Sports Experts, JJB Sports, Nike Canada, Pro-Direct Sports and Road Runner.
Can you donate LIVESTRONG wristbands for my event?
- The Partners in Yellow (PIY) program was established to provide organizations that provide service, support or research programs towards cancer survivorship with LIVESTRONG wristbands at no cost to distribute to cancer survivors and their loved ones. Since PIY's inception in 2004, the program has provided more than 250,000 wristbands to further spread the message and spirit of LIVESTRONG. If LIVESTRONG wristbands will assist your organization or event efforts, please read the program criteria and rules and complete the application at LIVESTRONG.org/PartnersInYellow.
I received an email saying my order was canceled. Why?
- There are several reasons why your order may be cancelled or placed on hold. Please contact our Customer Service Team at 877-WEARYELLOW or 512.684.5990 for international customers with any questions regarding your order status.
I would like to cancel or make changes to my order.
- Please contact our Customer Service Team at 877-WEARYELLOW or 512.684.5990 for international customers if you would like to cancel your order. Please note that we will not be able to cancel your order if it has already shipped. To add items or cancel certain items from your order, you will need to cancel the entire order and place your order again through the online store.
Programs & Partnerships
How can I bring the LIVESTRONG at the YMCA program to my local Y?
- In order to establish the program, Ys must first apply to participate in an extensive training to ensure that the staff has the understanding, knowledge and skills to support cancer survivor participants in the LIVESTRONG at the YMCA. To encourage your Y, speak to the Y’s Director, Associate Director or Health and Wellness Director at your local Y and recommend that they inquire about upcoming opportunities to apply for the program.
For more information, your local Y can contact us at YMCA@LIVESTRONG.org or YMCA of the USA at 1.800.872.9622, extension 2847, or email Ann-Hilary.Heston@YMCA.net.
About Lance Armstrong
How can I contact Lance?
- We are unable to forward correspondence to Lance Armstrong. If you have any questions about the LIVESTRONG Foundation, how we empower and inspire those affected by cancer or how you can get involved with us, please fill out the Contact Us form.
I am with a print, broadcast or online media outlet, and I would like to interview Lance.
- Please send media requests for interviews to our Communications department at Media@LIVESTRONG.org. They will review your request and get back with you. Also, check out our Press Room to see if your question is answered there.